14 November 2010

wool: TKL response

For years I have been bummed about being allergic to wool. 

Today, I am happy to report that I am no longer bummed, nor will I ever be bummed again.

Yes, every coat at J.Crew is a work of freakin' art, and 95% of these coats are made with wool, but I can pass.

Alicia Silverstone recently shared on The Kind Life {TKL} the scoop on wool in the clothing industry--a close look that I was robbed of when earning my degree in Apparel Marketing and Design many moons ago.  While I cannot bring myself to watch the video {I'm sheltered}, I did read her post on the issue, and I am now grateful that I am allergic to the stuff!

Besides, there are plenty of vegan works of freakin' art available.  Enter: this beauty.
While shopping on Lulus just now, my search for 'vegan' produced 371 results.  Impressive.  I'm also digging this:
I've been looking for a mini for an upcoming holiday party, and this would look pretty damn adorable with some masculine pairings like those oxfords.  Okay, I'm off to cyber-shop.

No comments: